Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Perfection

I still struggle alot with the idea of perfection. Whenever I receive something back in class or anything, it is never enough. A 105% on a test would not satisfy me, I am thinking well what if I got that extra 1% or whatever it would be. Even in sports, I can't dwell on a win or anything, I dwell on what if I did this or what if I did that, how would that have changed. This has been apart of my whole life, what if I said this or things like that. I go into situations already thinking about what I'm going to say or do and later if something bad happens I go back and replay over  and over telling myself, what if I did that instead, would it have been better? I need to realize that there are no what ifs. Things happen and I need to accept it and realize I am never going to be perfect. Or I could think I already am perfect, everyone is perfect, they are perfect in that the mistakes and things they do in life make them them. I have learned to tell myself that I will never be perfect, but it is still one of my hardest goals to achieve, to not focus on my failures but to focus on what I'm good at and to accept the things I fail at. I gotta go play indoor soccer now, Peace ladies and gentlemen!

No comments: